Stratpharma Strataderm 5g (orange)
Strataderm is a rapidly drying, non-sticky, transparent silicone gel formulation
- for the management of both old and new scars
- for the management of abnormal and excessive scar formation, in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
Strataderm dries to form a silicone gel sheet, a protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof which hydrates and protects scars from chemical and microbial invasion, allowing scars to normalize the collagen synthesis cycles, producing a normal mature scar.
Strataderm is used to soften and flatten raised scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scars, as well as reduce redness and discoloration associated with scars.
Strataderm is the proven and convenient once-daily solution for the management of scars. It is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including exposed areas like the face and neck as well as joints and hairy areas without the need for shaving.
Strataderm was developed for use on all types of scars including those resulting from general surgery, trauma, chronic wounds, burns or bites.
Suitable for different patient categories
- Silicone is inert1 and does not penetrate into the dermis2
- Strataderm is suitable for children or people with sensitive skin
- Strataderm is suitable to use on infants, during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding
- No adverse events have been reported
Easy and convenient to use
- Designed for use at home
- Rapidly drying
- Transparent, odorless, does not contain alcohol, fragrances or parabens
- Once dry, Strataderm can be covered by sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts
Preferred by physicians and patients
- Direct contact of silicone with the scar allows for 24 hours a day /7 days a week contact time
- Ideal for any irregular skin or scar surfaces, the face, moving parts (joints, flexures) and any size of scar
- Can be used on visible skin, not covered by clothing e.g. face
- Make-up can be used over Strataderm, to camouflage the scar
- Can be used on hairy skin areas